If you believe that your product is faulty or damaged, in addition to your rights as a consumer under New Zealand Consumer Law, KIZHOUSE Warranty may apply to you.
To help us process your claim as quickly as possible, for homewares and cash and carry products please drop into your nearest store.
For furniture products please print and complete the Warranty Form below and email to email@example.com
KIZHOUSE provides this warranty for its products that have been purchased in New Zealand. This Warranty is subject to the Consumer Law. The Warranty period commences from the date of sale:
- 5 years for moll furniture;
- 5 years for LIFETIME KIDSROOM furniture；and
- 14 days for all other products.
This Warranty covers the replacement or repair of any product that has a manufacturing or material defect that is not the result of normal wear and tear, or a natural characteristic of the material used. This Warranty is not transferable and does not cover products used for commercial purposes. This Warranty does not cover finishing (including stitching, glue, nails, tacks).
Where KIZHOUSE Warranty does not apply
This Warranty does not apply to any products sold as seconds, floor stock, repaired products or products that have a defect where this has been drawn to your attention before you purchased the products.
In addition, this Warranty will not apply if:
- Repairs to a product are made or attempted by a service provider other than one approved by KIZHOUSE.
- The product has not been used or maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions as provided with the product.
- The customer uses the product in an abnormal manner for example if the product is abused, misused, dropped, crushed, impacted with any hard surface, exposed to extreme heat (including fire) or cold, not maintained properly or used after partial failure.
- The product has been modified, incorrectly adjusted or operated, subjected to incorrect electrical supply or inconsistent electrical supply or used with inappropriate accessories.
- The product is tampered with in any way.
- The product’s serial number, as applied by the manufacturer, has been altered or removed from the product.
Additional rights under Consumer Law
In addition to KIZHOUSE Warranty, our products come with statutory consumer guarantees that cannot be excluded. The rights afforded to you by these guarantees are separate to your rights under the Warranty. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the products repaired or replaced if the products fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. To the extent that they are compatible with the Consumer Law, the exclusions and provisos that apply to the Warranty apply to these guarantees.
Consumer guarantee remedies
If there is a major failure with the product, you are entitled to:
- reject the product and get a refund;
- reject the product and get an identical replacement or one similar in value if reasonably available; or
- keep the product and obtain compensation for the drop in the value of the product caused by the major failure.
If there is a minor failure with the product, the customer is entitled, at the election of KIZHOUSE, to:
- a refund of the cost of the product;
- replacement of the product; or
- have the product repaired within a reasonable time.
Exclusion of Implied Warranties
Subject to the above, to the full extent permitted by law, all warranties, conditions and other terms express or implied by statute, custom or common law are excluded. Nothing contained in these terms and conditions excludes or restricts any consumer guarantee, warranty, condition, right or remedy implied by any statute (including the Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, provided that, to the extent that the statute permits, KIZHOUSE is entitled to limit its liability as set out above for a breach of a guarantee, condition or a warranty implied by that statute. If the customer acquires a product in trade, the customer agrees that the Consumer Law does not apply in accordance with section 43(2).
How To Make A Claim
To claim under the Warranty or a consumer guarantee, you must return the product for repair/inspection to your store of purchase at your cost (including any freight and insurance charges) together with the original sales docket or another form of proof of purchase. We will assess the product to determine the nature of the issue, whether you are entitled to a remedy, and in the case of a minor failure, the remedy that will be made available to you. Sometimes we may have to forward the product to the manufacturer or repair agent and liaise with them. We will do our best to resolve the issue in a timely manner. If your product cannot be easily returned to your local KIZHOUSE store because of its size (“Bulky Goods”), we will arrange for the product to be assessed or request photographic evidence. If the Bulky Goods have suffered a major failure, KIZHOUSE will arrange to collect the Bulky Goods at no charge to you. For any queries please call KIZHOUSE on 09 630 5505.